During my recent exhibit for The City of London Festival (my installation art is documented below), I had a great pleasure of meeting Yoko Ono. We were the two visual artists selected for the festival's theme of Japan. She kindly folded an origami crane to celebrate our exhibits. Video can be seen at http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7881168191579098779&hl=en
Makoto Fujimura
1 comment:
Hi! I'm a graphic design student from John Brown University, which will apparently feature your work in the Spring Semester. I went to your site seeing what your work was like, but it was ultimately your blog that caught my attention. Your insights are, well, moving. I enjoyed your essay involving the Tyson company.
I see God most evidently though nature. It just snowed here, and just crunching through it, seeing animal tracks on it, amazes me to no end. Perhaps it's because I grew up in the tropics :) Still, like you, I find it so hard reconciling all this materialism, all this waste, with my love for nature.
The world is indeed grey.
I look forward to your exhibit next spring!
Post a Comment